I try my best to eat healthy. But it doesn’t always work out.
But when I do eat healthy, I go hard. This here has to be my favorite recipe ever. Grilled chickpea burgers taste amazing. Also, its very easy to make.
Also, I’m not great with measuring. I just started measuring my ingredients this year, so the recipe will be a little off if you use the exact measurements I’ve used. So proceed with caution, and taste every step of the way! Also, I don’t have a food processor.
1 can of chickpeas
About 1/3 of a green onion
1/2 lemon slice (or lime)
1/8 tsp pepper
Salt to taste
1/3 cp Julienne carrots
1/2 cup rolled oats or cooked brown rice
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1. Place the chickpeas in a microwave safe bowl that comes with a lid (I used a microwave rice cooker), and smash the beans.
2. Mix in the carrots and lemon.
3. Add in the seasonings.
4. Add in the rice/oats, and water.
5. Put the lid on the bowl, microwave for 6 minutes, or until all of your ingredients are soft.
6. Let the ingredients cool for about 5 minutes.
7. Preheat a pan with EVOO until sizzling on medium heat.
8. I used a spoon to scoop out the ingredients out of the bowl and into the pan. Then I kind of shaped the burger that way.
9. Brown on both sides.
10. Eat it up!
I served my chickpea burger with red cabbage and carrot slaw, tossed in a mango, ginger dressing. It was good!