It’s summer in Texas, which means I’m a super lazy cook. Not because I’m a lazy person, but because my skin feels like it’s frying in this hot, Texas sun. Therefore, I have no desire to cook.
But cooking this meal was actually very quick, easy, and it didn’t make my kitchen too hot either. Here is my delicious recipe for tuna cakes. Remember, the measurements are not exact.
2 cans of Tuna (in spring water, and nothing else)
Chopped Green onion (to taste)
Cilantro – the one that is safe to eat according to USDA guidelines
1/2 small, cooked sweet potato
1/8 tsp crushed garlic
Splash of lemon
Salt & pepper to taste
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Preheat your EVOO in a pan on medium heat until sizzling.
- Mix all of your ingredients in a bowl.
- Form your patties, and place them on a plate lined with wax paper (it’s easier to pick up). You should be able to form 4 patties from the mixture.
- Place your patties in a pan, and brown on both sides.
- Cook your brown rice before you prepare your tuna cakes. Brown rice takes FOREVER to cook!
- Mix in a little Ken’s Steakhouse Garlic and Asiago Italian dressing in your brown rice. It’s so flavorful that you don’t have to add salt, butter, or seasonings to your rice. But just add a little. You don’t want your rice to be soaked with oil.
Share your version of tuna cakes below, so I can try it out in my kitchen. Happy cooking!